How To Split a 4K Monitor or Divide an Ultrawide Monitor Into Multiple Virtual Monitors
UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0 software enables you to split high-resolution monitors into virtual multiple monitors, which act just like physical monitors in Windows. Here's what you can do with virtual monitors:
- Divide large, high-resolution monitors (such as 4K UHD monitors, ultrawide 21:9 monitors and QHD monitors) into more productive smaller virtual monitors sized for your needs
- Create virtual monitors of varying sizes to meet your work requirements: for example, a large monitor for your primary work, and mid-size monitors for web browsers, document viewing and spreadsheets.
- Create additional micro monitors for personal email, social media, instant messaging, music players, live TV news, streaming music and video, newsfeeds, security cameras, CRM and call management tools, time management, task managers and more
- Pad edges of monitors to create a buffer between monitors, if desired
- Maximize applications to fill each virtual monitor, using normal controls (titlebar button or keyboard shortcut, Windows Key + Up)
- Minimize applications to a dedicated taskbar, using normal titlebar button or keyboard shortcut, Windows Key + Down)
- Show or auto-hide the taskbar for each virtual monitor; position taskbar at bottom, top or either side; disable taskbar if not needed
- Span multiple virtual monitors by dragging the edge of an application
- Move an application to another virtual monitor with one click (titlebar button: "Move Window to Different Monitor") or by dragging
- Maximize an application to span the entire physical monitor (Shift + Maximize button )
55 virtual monitor layout examples
Virtual monitors are created in UltraView Desktop Manager's Monitor Configuration utility. Click on the monitor you want to split, and then click the button "Splits and Padding."
Below are 55 examples of layouts you can create on a 4K UHD (3840×2160 resolution) monitor in landscape orientation. Double-click any image to enlarge and see a gallery of layouts for that category.
2-monitor layouts (4K UHD monitor)
3-monitor layouts (4K UHD monitor)
4-monitor layouts (4K UHD monitor)
5-monitor layouts (4K UHD monitor)
6-monitor layouts (4K UHD monitor)
7-monitor layouts (4K UHD monitor)
8-monitor layouts (4K UHD monitor)
9-monitor layout (4K UHD monitor)