Ultra-compact, ultra-silent, and packed with power
- Only 3.5″ high! Slides easily under monitor array when installed horizontally.
Industry-fastest 12th Gen "Alder Lake" Intel Core i5 / i7 processors!
Stratosphere Mini Z2 is powered by Intel's fast new 12th Gen "Alder Lake" CPUs.
With these new CPUs, Intel has retaken the lead for CPU performance from AMD while also introducing the great new feature called Intel Thread Director, which significantly boosts multitasking performance.
Intel Thread Director is a workload management controller on the CPU that works directly with the operating system to ensure that top-priority tasks are executed first and with the highest performance. Intel worked together with Microsoft to implement the new technology, and currently only Windows 11 is able to take advantage of Intel Thread Director. For this reason, we are offering Stratosphere Express Z-series exclusively for Windows 11.
Intel's fastest 12th Gen processors employ an innovative hybrid architecture combining high-performance and high-efficiency CPU cores on the same chip. Intel Thread Director segregates background operations on high-efficiency E-cores, while promoting foreground priority tasks to the high-performance cores (P-cores). The least important tasks are assigned to virtual cores, which use free cycles on P-cores through a method known as Hyper-threading or simultaneous multithreading.
The result is the first CPU generation optimized for multitasking and responsive computing, in which your high-priority work gets the CPU's top focus. Now your top-priority work is far less likely to suffer from intermittent slowdowns and stalls caused by background tasks grabbing the focus of the CPU cores being used your top-priority tasks. Priority is determined by Windows 11, which monitors which applications are visible to the user, with particular priority given to the application that has the user's current focus, as well as processes that are assigned high process priority in Windows.
Intel Thread Director requires Windows 11, which is uniquely optimized to work with this on-chip Intel microcontroller to manage competing workloads on 12th Gen Intel CPUs.
Not for Windows 10
Windows 10 lacks support for Intel Thread Director, so is much less able to manage competing workloads optimally on these or any CPUs. In addition, some applications run much more slowly when running on Windows 10 on these 12th Gen Intel CPUs than they would on alternative Windows 10 platforms, such as 11th Gen Intel systems or AMD Ryzen systems.
If you require Windows 10, we recommend Stratosphere Express R-series models and Stratosphere Pro R-series models, both powered by AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs.
Four new top-performance CPUs
Stratosphere Mini Z2 features the 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12400 CPU standard, with 6 CPU cores. For best performance, you can configure your system with one of three faster 12th Gen Intel CPUs, which feature 10 - 16 CPU cores. All CPUs are available for immediate build and shipment of your customized performance workstation.
- Standard CPU: Intel Core i5-12400
- 6 cores · 12 threads
- 6× Performance-cores (P-cores), 3.7 - 4.9 GHz, for priority tasks
- 6× virtual cores, for background operations
- Upgrade CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K
- 10 cores · 16 threads · $195 upgrade
- 6× Performance-cores (P-cores), 3.6 - 5.0 GHz, for priority tasks
- 4× Efficient-cores (E-cores): 2.7 - 3.8 GHz, for background operations
- 6× virtual cores, for low-priority operations
- 47% faster than Core i5-12400 for multi-core operations (Cinebench R20 test)
- Top-of-line CPU: Intel Core i7-12700
- 12 cores · 20 threads · $395 upgrade
- 8× Performance-cores (P-cores), 2.1 - 4.9 GHz, for priority tasks
- 4× Efficient-cores (E-cores): 1.6 - 3.6 GHz, for background operations
- 73% faster than Core i5-12400 for multi-core operations (Cinebench R23 test)
In the chart below, you can see how these new Intel 12th Gen CPUs stack up against each other as well as AMD's current Ryzen 5000 CPUs, using the popular Cinebench performance test. This test measures raw perforamnce and does not factor the multitasking advantages of Intel Thread Director.
New 12th Gen Intel CPUs deliver up to 72% faster multi-core performance and up to 25% faster single-core performance, compared to 11th Gen Intel "Rocket Lake" CPUs introduced in April 2021.
The 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12600K CPU (first upgrade CPU) is faster than the 11th Gen Core i9 CPU (prior-gen top-of-line CPU), while costing hundreds of dollars less.
At the low end, the standard 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12400 CPU (6 cores) is faster than AMD's equivalent 6-core CPU, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G.
Fast DDR4-3200 memory
- Base memory: 16GB DDR4-3200
- Memory capacity: 64GB (2 DIMM slots)
- Typical configuration: 32GB (best buy)
Ultra-fast SSD storage
Samsung 980 PRO: PCIe Gen4
- Capacities: 500GB - 2TB
- PCI Express Gen 4, M.2 NVMe
- Up to 7000 MB/s read
- Up to 5100 MB/s write
- Up to 1 million IOPS (I/O Operations Per Second)
- Dual SSD option
PCI Express SSDs connect directly to the CPU or chipset via an M.2 NVMe socket on the motherboard with four dedicated PCIe lanes. PCIe Gen 4 SSDs double the maximum bandwidth of these lanes, compared to PCIe Gen 3 SSDs. The result is up to 12.7X the performance of older SATA SSDs for sequential reads and writes, and up to 8X the I/O operations per second.
In 2009, Digital Tigers was first in the industry to ship SSD drives standard in desktop workstations. We've shipped thousands of systems since with Intel and Samsung SSDs, and only one has ever failed in customer hands.
Standard / optional operating systems
- Windows 11 Home 64-bit (standard)
- Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (standard)
Fast M.2 NVMe SSDs (solid state drives)
- 250GB fast M.2 NVMe SSD standard
- 512GB / 1TB / 2TB / 4TB capacity options
- Dual SSD option: up to 8TB SSD storage!
Optional internal bootable backup SSD
- Configured for automated daily backup of system drive
- Serves as system drive in case of primary drive failure.
the computer and select the alternate boot drive.
- Option to configure for daily + monthly archival backup
Options and accessories
Recommended: Bootable backup SSD/ hard drive
- Backs up solid-state system drive
- Serves as system drive in case of primary drive failure.
Simply reboot the computer and selecting the alternate boot drive.
- Also backs up secondary drive
Recommended: 1000VA UPS battery backup power
- Keeps you running through power flickering and brief outages, while giving you time to save your work during longer outages
- CyberPower UPS series is proven by Digital Tigers long-term reliability study to extend the life of systems
- In 15 years, less than 0.2% of Digital Tigers customers have encountered power supply problems / dead system while connected to certified UPS
- Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects for under / over voltage conditions, improving long-term system reliability
- LCD and software status monitoring for load, voltage, alerts
New low price! $1,33500 USD
- Qty 2: $1,26800 USD each
- Qty 3+: $1,24200 USD each
- Quick Build & Ship: Yes!
Order today, ships ~ August 22!
e-commerce price: Prefer
U.S. dollars? 1,335.00
Configure options as you prefer,
and buy online today!|
Call 800.844.3721 for expert technical sales assistance!
- Intel Gold Partner: Digital Tigers has Intel's gold partner designation based on
sales volume and ongoing technical training.
- Expert Support: Support includes direct troubleshooting, where our technicians log into customer systems,
and resolve issues while on the phone with customers.
- Beyond Rocket Science™ Service Commitment
- Junk-Free Guarantee: We install neither adware nor promotional software on any workstation
- Complete system integration combining Stratosphere workstation with Zenview
and UltraFlex multi-screen monitors
D I G I T A L T I G E R S C U S T O M E R S
Updated! UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0 software
Advanced software for managing multiple monitors and creating a personal productivity dashboard via virtual monitors
- All-new Digital Tigers software suite with many new features
- Now supports splitting monitors into smaller virtual monitors
- Create a personal productivity and awareness dashboard out of large, high-resolution monitors and 4K TVs
- Use larger virtual monitors for primary workspace and supporting documents, websites and work email
- Use micro-size virtual monitors for task managers, time management, personal email, instant messaging, social media, Bloomberg TV, streaming media, newsfeeds, security cameras and more
- Never miss anyting important for lack of timely awareness
- Designed for Windows 10 as well as Windows 7 and 8.1
- $9900 USD · Free with Stratosphere Mini Z2
- Learn more: tab on this page · product page
The future of 4K: a personal productivity and awareness dashboard, balancing work and life together
Above: New UltraView 4K UHD curved displays, available in 49-inch and 55-inch sizes
Above: Five virtual monitors created from single 4K UHD monitor, using UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0
To see more examples of what you can now do with a single 4K UHD monitor, see Virtual Monitors: Example Layouts, which shows 55 ways you can carve up a 4K monitor with UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0.
Top productivity features:
Top personalization features:
Disappears on your desktop
- 3.5″ high: easily slides underneath a desktop monitor array
- 14.8″ wide
- 13.1″ deep
Ports at your fingertips
- Microphone and headphone jacks (front)
- 10 USB ports:
- 2 × front USB 3.0 (5 Gb/s)
- 3 × rear USB 3.1 Gen 2, Type A (10 Gbps)
- 1 × rear USB 3.1 Gen 2, Type C (10 Gbps)
- 2 × rear USB 3.0 Type A (5 Gbps)
- 2 × rear USB 2.0 (480 Mb/s)