Ultra-compact and packed with power
- Only 3.5″ high! Slides easily under monitor array when installed horizontally.
New AMD Ryzen 7000 processors:
· Breakthrough performance and power efficiency
· Cool and quiet operation
· Up to 82% faster than top Intel CPU option for Stratosphere Mini
· Up to 59% less power consumption, heat and fan noise than top Intel CPU
All-new for 2023, Stratosphere Mini R8 drives eight 4K UHD monitors and features the breakthrough AMD Ryzen 7000-series CPUs released in January. These new CPUs are 29% faster than the prior AMD Ryzen 5000 generation, while also being more efficient, consuming only 90W peak power and 65W base power.
The remarkable power efficiency of the new CPUs means that you can enjoy the outstanding performance of the top-of-line model, Ryzen 9 7900, while also maintaining quiet CPU cooling in this ultra-compact desktop. Stratosphere Mini R8 has the highest performance in the quietest and smallest package that we've ever delivered!
By contrast, Intel's latest 13th Gen CPUs consume more power and generate more heat than ever. For example, the latest 13th Gen Intel Core i7 CPU consumes up to 219W peak power, up from 180W for the prior generation. These high peak power demands are engaged automatically with Intel's Turbo Boost feature and thereby prevent Intel's latest Core i7 and Core i9 CPUs from being used in the ultra-compact Stratosphere Mini chassis.
Fortunately AMD's newest Ryzen 7000 CPUs are both faster and more power-efficient than ever. AMD claims a 29% boost in performance per core over 2021's Ryzen 5000 series. In addition, both the mid-level Ryzen 7 7700 CPU (8 cores) and the top-level Ryzen 9 7900 CPU (12 cores) consume 59% less peak power than their latest Intel Core i7 / Core i9 counterparts, while performing similarly fast in independent performance tests.
Relative performance of AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs
Benchmark performance test results show that the AMD Ryzen 7 7700 (8-core CPU) is about 34% faster than AMD Ryzen 5 7600 (6-core CPU) at multi-core operations, and AMD Ryzen 9 7900 (12-core CPU) is about 99% faster than Ryzen 5 7600 (6-core CPU). In short, performance scales in direct proportion to the number of CPU cores, which demonstrates very efficient use of multiple CPU cores.
The chart below visualizes the performance leaps from Ryzen 5 to Ryzen 7 to Ryzen 9 CPUs, with the Ryzen 9 doubling the performance of Ryzen 5.
Cinebench R23 is the industry gold standard for measuring CPU performance. The Cinebench Multi-Core test measures total system performance with all CPU cores fully engaged, executing multi-threaded software. Most non-gaming software today is multi-threaded, which means that the software process can be executed in parallel across multiple CPU cores.
Single-core performance of the AMD Ryzen CPUs is all about the same, due to each CPU using the same AMD Zen 4 architecture per core.
AMD vs Intel CPU performance for Stratosphere Mini
Intel's latest 13th Gen Core i7 (midrange) and Core i9 (high end) CPUs run too hot in Turbo Boost mode to be cooled properly in Stratosphere Mini, consuming up to 219W power and generating very high heat. Meanwhile, the Intel CPU base power consumption is only 65W. By contrast, the AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs share the same 65W base power rating, but consume only about 90W in boost mode. As a result of this exceptional power efficiency, AMD's midrange and high-end Ryzen 7000 CPUs can operate perfectly in Stratosphere Mini, while consuming much less peak power and generating much less heat than even Intel's entry-level Core i5 CPUs.
Since the heat from Turbo Boost mode excludes Intel Core i7 and Core i9 CPUs from Stratosphere Mini, AMD has the field to itself for high-performance configurations. AMD dominates Intel for best performance with the midrange AMD Ryzen 7700 and especially the high-end AMD Ryzen 7900, as shown in this chart below:
Test results show that AMD Ryzen 7 7700 (8-core CPU) is 23% faster than the better Intel CPU (Core i5-13400, a 10-core CPU) for multi-core performance. The top AMD CPU, Ryzen 9 7900 (12-core CPU), is 82% faster than Intel Core i5-13400 in the same multi-core test. For single-core performance, the AMD CPUs are 8 - 10% faster than the better Intel CPU.
Despite being faster, the AMD CPUs should operate more quietly than the Intel CPUs, consuming only about 90W peak power vs 154W for Intel Core i5-13400. The lower CPU heat thereby enables the AMD CPU cooler to operate more quietly, with the cooling fan spinning at low RPMs, effectively inaudible in typical offices.
Choose your CPU and configure now
You may configure your Stratosphere Mini R8 system with any of the CPUs below:
AMD Ryzen 5 7600
AMD Ryzen 7 7700
- 6 cores processing 12 simultaneous threads
- 3.8 - 5.1 GHz
AMD Ryzen 9 7900
- 8 cores processing 16 simultaneous threads
- 3.8 - 5.3 GHz
- 34% faster for multi-core operations (Cinebench 23 test)
- Only $149 upgrade!
- 12 cores processing 24 simultaneous threads
- 3.7 - 5.4 GHz
- 99% faster for multi-core operations (Cinebench 23 test)
- Only $299 upgrade from Ryzen 5 7600!
Standard / optional operating systems
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit (standard)
- Windows 10 Pro
Industry-leading multi-monitor software
UltraView Desktop Manager 3.0 software:
14 industry-leading features for power users
- Now updated for Windows 11!
- See feature list on right column of this page
16GB - 64GB DDR5 memory
- Base memory: 16GB DDR5-4800
- Memory capacity: 64GB (2 DIMM slots)
- Most popular capacity: 32GB (minimum recommended)
2.5 Gigabit Ethernet + Intel Wi-Fi 6E (AX) + Bluetooth 5.2
- Ready for ultra-fast 2Gb/s Internet being rolled out in 2023
- 2.5 Gb/s wired networking (~2500 Mb/s)
- AMD Wi-Fi 6E wireless networking, up to 2.4Gb/s (nearly 3X the speed of the prior standard, Wireless-AC)
- Wi-Fi 6E operates in newly licensed 6GHz band in addition to 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Bluetooth 5.2
New low price! $1,89900 USD
- Qty 2: $1,80400 USD each
- Qty 3+: $1,76600 USD each
- Quick Build & Ship: Yes!
Order today, ships ~ June 21!
e-commerce price: Prefer
U.S. dollars? 1,899.00
Configure options as you prefer,
and buy online today!|
Call 800.844.3721 for expert technical sales assistance!
- Intel Gold Partner: Digital Tigers has Intel's gold partner designation based on
sales volume and ongoing technical training.
- Expert Support: Support includes direct troubleshooting, where our technicians log into customer systems,
and resolve issues while on the phone with customers.
- Beyond Rocket Science™ Service Commitment
- Junk-Free Guarantee: We install neither adware nor promotional software on any workstation
- Complete system integration combining Stratosphere workstation with Zenview
and UltraFlex multi-screen monitors
D I G I T A L T I G E R S C U S T O M E R S
Updated! UltraView Desktop Manager 3.0 software
Advanced software for managing multiple monitors and creating a personal productivity dashboard via virtual monitors
- All-new Digital Tigers software suite, updated for Windows 11!
- Supports splitting monitors into smaller virtual monitors
- Create a personal productivity and awareness dashboard out of large, high-resolution monitors and 4K TVs
- Use larger virtual monitors for primary workspace and supporting documents, websites and work email
- Use micro-size virtual monitors for task managers, time management, personal email, instant messaging, social media, Bloomberg TV, streaming media, newsfeeds, security cameras and more
- Never miss anyting important for lack of timely awareness
- Designed for Windows 11, Windows 10 and Windows 7
- $9900 USD · Free with Stratosphere Mini R8
- Learn more: tab on this page · product page
The future of 4K: a personal productivity and awareness dashboard, balancing work and life together
Above: UltraView 4K UHD curved display (55″ size)
Above: Five virtual monitors created from single 4K UHD monitor, using UltraView Desktop Manager 3.0
To see more examples of what you can now do with a single 4K UHD monitor, see the Virtual Monitors: Example Layouts tab on this page, which shows 55 ways you can carve up a 4K monitor with UltraView Desktop Manager 3.0.
Top productivity features:
Top personalization features:
Disappears on your desktop
- 3.5″ high: easily slides underneath a desktop monitor array
- 14.8″ wide
- 13.1″ deep
Ports at your fingertips
- Microphone and headphone jacks (front)
- 9 USB ports:
- 2 × front USB 3.0 (5 Gb/s)
- 2 × rear USB 3.1 Gen 2, Type A (10 Gbps)
- 1 × rear USB 3.1 Gen 2, Type C (10 Gbps)
- 2 × rear USB 3.0 Type A (5 Gbps)
- 2 × rear USB 2.0 (480 Mb/s)
- Supports 8 simultaneous monitors with sharp digital connections
- Digital display ports:
- 3 × HDMI 2.0 ports (up to 3840 × 2160 @60Hz resolution)
Additional HDMI/DVI adapters optional
- 5 × DisplayPort 1.4 ports (up to 7680 × 4320 @60Hz resolution)
- Primary graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6600 8GB
- 8GB dedicated
- Ultra-fast 224 GB/sec memory bandwidth (7X Intel HD 530 graphics)
- PassMark G3D DirectX performance: 14493
(15X Intel HD 530 graphics)
- Secondary graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics (Ryzen 7000) + 3-DP MST hub
- Popular graphics card upgrade option(s) — see Customize tab:
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 8GB
Options and accessories
Recommended: Bootable backup SSD/ hard drive
- Backs up solid-state system drive
- Serves as system drive in case of primary drive failure.
Simply reboot the computer and selecting the alternate boot drive.
- Also backs up secondary drive
Recommended: 1000VA UPS battery backup power
- Keeps you running through power flickering and brief outages, while giving you time to save your work during longer outages
- CyberPower UPS series is proven by Digital Tigers long-term reliability study to extend the life of systems
- In 15 years, less than 0.2% of Digital Tigers customers have encountered power supply problems / dead system while connected to certified UPS
- Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects for under / over voltage conditions, improving long-term system reliability
- LCD and software status monitoring for load, voltage, alerts