Ultra-compact, ultra-silent, and packed with power
- Only 3.5″ high! Slides easily under monitor array when installed horizontally.
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors:
· More CPU cores and more simultaneous threads than Intel
· More performance for your dollar at every price point
Since 2017, the first two generations of AMD Ryzen processors have delivered impressive value, generally beating Intel for performance per dollar for multithreaded CPU performance. However, Intel CPUs have been generally faster at single-threaded performance, and, at the high end, Intel has also beaten AMD for multithreaded performance.
Intel remained the performance champ, while AMD became the value champ. However, with the new 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors shipping on July 7, the story is changing.
Now Ryzen is at rough parity with Intel Core desktop processors for single-core performance and meanwhile is beating Intel by a wide margin for multithreaded performance at the high end of mainstream desktop CPUs — all while easily exceeding Intel Core desktop processors for performance per dollar at every level.
You can see a bar chart of comparative performance by enlarging the graphic above. Multithreaded tests were run using the industry-standard benchmark, Cinebench R20.
Below is another performance comparison using the PassMark CPU Mark benchmark test. Testing so far shows that the $199 base Ryzen 5 3600 (a six-core CPU) has nearly tied Intel's flagship $499 Core i9-9900K CPU, an 8-core CPU. Meanwhile the $329 Ryzen 7 3700X (an 8-core CPU) is beating the Intel Core i9-9900K by 20%, and the Ryzen 9 3900x (a 12-core CPU) is beating the Intel Core i9-9900K by a shocking 59%!
Above: AMD's new Ryzen 9 3900X CPU is beating Intel's flagship Core i9-9900K desktop CPU by 60%!
Digital Tigers is pleased to feature 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen processors in the new Stratosphere Mini R3 workstation, which supports up to triple monitors with fast performance at a terrific price. If you're someone who hates to choose between performance and value, why not choose both?
You may configure your Stratosphere Mini R3 system with any of the CPUs below:
AMD Ryzen 5 (3rd Gen)
AMD Ryzen 7 (3rd Gen)
- 6 cores processing 12 simultaneous threads
- Ryzen 5 3600 (standard): 3.6 - 4.2 GHz
- Ryzen 5 3600X: 3.8 - 4.4 GHz
AMD Ryzen 9 (3rd Gen)
- 8 cores processing 16 simultaneous threads
- Ryzen 7 3700X: 3.6 - 4.4 GHz
- Ryzen 7 3800X: 3.9 - 4.5 GHz
- 12 cores processing 24 simultaneous threads
- Ryzen 9 3900X: 3.5 - 4.7 GHz
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen's advantage over 9th Gen Intel Core CPUs
AMD's 3rd Generation Ryzen processors unleash faster performance than ever, with faster clock speeds, more cores, more virtual cores (measured by thread count), and more performance per dollar. Multithreading performance will typically favor 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen over 9th Gen Intel Core CPUs when comparing CPUs with the same number of cores and similar clock speeds.
To be specific, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen 7 processors offer 8-core/16-thread architecture (simultaneous multithreading), while 9th Gen Intel Core i7 processors have 8-core/8-thread architecture with no simultaneous multithreading. Similarly, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen 5 processors offer 6-core/12-thread architecture (simultaneous multithreading), while 9th Gen Intel Core i5 processors have 6-core/6-thread architecture with no simultaneous multithreading.
While number of cores typically matters more to performance than the number of threads processed simultaneously per CPU, at the same number of cores, simultaneous multithreading can boost performance by 20% or more. Certainly Intel agrees that simultaneous multithreading offers real performance benefits, because Intel builds this feature into all of its better high-end workstation and server CPUs. However, Intel chooses not to enable simultaneous multithreading (which Intel calls Hyper-Threading Technology) for the great majority of 9th Gen Core processors. By contrast, every AMD Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 CPU ever shipped offers the feature.
With more cores and more simultaneous threads, more work can be done in parallel, enabling smoother multitasking, more responsive financial trading indicators, and even faster web browsing when many tabs are open. There's a 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processor to meet every requirement and budget. Choose yours by customizing Stratosphere Mini R3 and pricing your complete configuration today!
Double-speed PCI Express 4.0 unleashes fastest-ever SSDs
Stratosphere Mini R3 is based on AMD's new flagship X570 chipset, which in turn enables the industry's first PCI Express 4.0 motherboards. PCI Express 4.0 doubles the system's internal bandwidth, unleashing higher performance SSDs and graphics.
Prior to PCI Express 4.0, the fastest SSDs have been plateaued recently at peak read speeds of 3500 MB/s and peak write speeds of 3000 - 3300 MB/s, nearly the theoretical limit (4000 MB/s) of the four PCI Express 3.0 lanes that serve as the communications channel for PCIe SSDs. Now with PCI Express 4.0, bandwidth per lane has been doubled, and the benefits are immediate in the form of much faster PCIe Gen4 SSDs that are already coming to market.
While these new SSDs are available from different brands, they all use the same Phison E16 controller and Toshiba TLC NAND flash memory, so are essentially the same product. This is because AMD invested $15 million to develop the new controller in nine months and to encourage partner companies to bring these blazing-fast SSDs to market in time for the 3rd Gen Ryzen launch on July 7.
Phison is one of the two leading independent SSD controller manufacturers whose controllers drive the industry's fastest consumer SSDs not made by Samsung or Western Digital, who make their own controllers. The existing Phison E12 controller drives our latest standard SSDs for Stratosphere Mini R3.
SSD options for this system
Stratosphere Mini R3 supports dual PCIe M.2 SSDs. You may configure your system using any of three types of NVMe SSDs:
- Affordable, fast Phison E12 SSDs in 256GB / 512GB / 1TB / 2TB capacities
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus, our most popular SSDs, with superb performance, in 500GB / 1TB / 2TB capacities
- Phison E16 PCIe Gen4 SSDs, with breakthrough performance up to 5000 MB/s, in 1TB or 2TB capacity
NVMe SSDs bypass the traditional SATA storage interface in computers and connect directly to the CPU via four dedicated PCI Express lanes. Those lanes are now double wide with PCI Express 4.0. The physical form factor for most NVMe SSDs as well as some SATA SSDs is known as M.2.
In 2009, Digital Tigers was first in the industry to ship SSD drives standard in desktop workstations. We've shipped thousands of systems since with Intel and Samsung SSDs, and only one has ever failed in customer hands.
Above: CrystalDiskMark performance comparison of Phison E12 (PCIe Gen 3), Samsung 970 EVO Plus (best-of-class PCIe Gen3), and Phison E16 (PCIe Gen4). .
Standard / optional operating systems
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit (standard)
- Windows 10 Pro
Industry-leading multi-monitor software
UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0 software:
14 industry-leading features for power users
- Updated for Windows 10 and 8.1
- See feature list on right column of this page
16GB - 64GB DDR4 memory
- Base memory: 16GB DDR4-3200
- Memory capacity: 64GB (2 DIMM slots)
2.5 Gigabit Ethernet + Intel Wi-Fi 6 (AX) + Bluetooth 5.2
- Ready for ultra-fast 2Gb/s Internet being rolled out in 2021
- 2.5 Gb/s wired networking (~2500 Mb/s)
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (802.11ax) wireless networking, up to 2.4Gb/s (nearly 3X the speed of the prior standard, Wireless-AC)
- Bluetooth 5.2
Fast M.2 NVMe SSDs (solid state drives)
- 250GB fast M.2 NVMe SSD standard
- 512GB / 1TB / 2TB / 4TB capacity options
- Dual SSD option: up to 8TB SSD storage!
Optional internal bootable backup SSD
- Configured for automated daily backup of system drive
- Serves as system drive in case of primary drive failure.
the computer and select the alternate boot drive.
- Option to configure for daily + monthly archival backup
New low price! $1,54500 USD
- Qty 2: $1,46800 USD each
- Qty 3+: $1,43700 USD each
- Quick Build & Ship: Yes!
Order today, ships ~ November 2!
e-commerce price: Prefer
U.S. dollars? 1,545.00
Configure options as you prefer,
and buy online today!|
Call 800.844.3721 for expert technical sales assistance!
- Intel Platinum Partner: Digital Tigers has Intel's highest partner certification based on
sales volume and ongoing technical training.
- Expert Support: Support includes direct troubleshooting, where our technicians log into customer systems,
and resolve issues while on the phone with customers.
- Beyond Rocket Science™ Service Commitment
- Junk-Free Guarantee: We install neither adware nor promotional software on any workstation
- Complete system integration combining Stratosphere workstation with Zenview
and UltraFlex multi-screen monitors
D I G I T A L T I G E R S C U S T O M E R S
Updated! UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0 software
Advanced software for managing multiple monitors and creating a personal productivity dashboard via virtual monitors
- All-new Digital Tigers software suite with many new features
- Now supports splitting monitors into smaller virtual monitors
- Create a personal productivity and awareness dashboard out of large, high-resolution monitors and 4K TVs
- Use larger virtual monitors for primary workspace and supporting documents, websites and work email
- Use micro-size virtual monitors for task managers, time management, personal email, instant messaging, social media, Bloomberg TV, streaming media, newsfeeds, security cameras and more
- Never miss anyting important for lack of timely awareness
- Designed for Windows 10 as well as Windows 7 and 8.1
- $9900 USD · Free with Stratosphere Mini R3
- Learn more: tab on this page · product page
The future of 4K: a personal productivity and awareness dashboard, balancing work and life together
Above: New UltraView 4K UHD curved displays, available in 49-inch and 55-inch sizes
Above: Five virtual monitors created from single 4K UHD monitor, using UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0
To see more examples of what you can now do with a single 4K UHD monitor, see Virtual Monitors: Example Layouts, which shows 55 ways you can carve up a 4K monitor with UltraView Desktop Manager 2.0.
Top productivity features:
Top personalization features:
Disappears on your desktop
- 3.5″ high: easily slides underneath a desktop monitor array
- 14.8″ wide
- 13.1″ deep
Ports at your fingertips
- Microphone and headphone jacks (front)
- 8 USB ports:
- 2 × front USB 3.0 (5 Gb/s)
- 1 × rear USB 3.1 Gen 2, Type A (10 Gbps)
- 1 × rear USB 3.1 Gen 2, Type C (10 Gbps)
- 4 × rear USB 3.0 Type A (5 Gbps)
Options and accessories
Recommended: Bootable backup SSD/ hard drive
- Backs up solid-state system drive
- Serves as system drive in case of primary drive failure.
Simply reboot the computer and selecting the alternate boot drive.
- Also backs up secondary drive
Recommended: 1000VA UPS battery backup power
- Keeps you running through power flickering and brief outages, while giving you time to save your work during longer outages
- CyberPower UPS series is proven by Digital Tigers long-term reliability study to extend the life of systems
- In 15 years, less than 0.2% of Digital Tigers customers have encountered power supply problems / dead system while connected to certified UPS
- Automatic voltage regulation (AVR) corrects for under / over voltage conditions, improving long-term system reliability
- LCD and software status monitoring for load, voltage, alerts